Striving for a way to remove default browser? Know how to remove default browser from any OS
In any Operating System, there are various software and application that perform the same function such as the browser, videos, and more. Sometimes, the application crashes while functioning, so to prevent such situation OS offers a feature where users can set an application to default one and here, it is about the Browser.
If you are accessing multiple browsers, and looking for a solution to how to remove default browser, then you are at an ideal place. Here, you will get the brief method to replace the existing browser and the details will help you to set up the browser which you want as the default one.
How to remove default browser from OS?
There are many Operating Systems and the process is listed for most of the OS. Choose the one which is ideal for you and go through the detailed procedure listed beneath.
- Click on Start menu and type ‘Default Program’ in the search bar and hit Enter.
- A new window will open and will show few options, select ‘Set your default programs’.
- Thereafter, list of applications will appear on your screen, select the browser which you wish to make it default and click on ‘Set this program as default’.
- Click on the Apple icon and select ‘System Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- A System Preferences page will appear on your screen with multiple applications, click on ‘General’.
- Scroll down the General page and move to ‘Default web browser’ section. Now, select the browser from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Save’. On the off chance, if you stuck amid the process, then contact browser tech supportfor the assistance. The geeks will help you to accomplish the task effectively.
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- In the Settings page, you will get a list of applications, tap on ‘Apps’.
- Navigate to the browser which is currently saved as the default one, after finding the same, tap on it.
- Scroll down the page and tap on ‘Clear default’. This action will remove the existing browser from the default section.
Now, open any app which is featured with the link and tap on it; thereafter, you will be asked to choose the browser in which you want to open the link. Select the browser and tap on ‘Always’.
These all were the methods to remove the default browser from the Operating Systems. However, if you face any difficulties while attempting the method, then contact browser tech support for the assistance. The geeks will help you with the finest solution which will fix your problem. Hence, stays tuned with them and access the features of browsers in an efficient manner.