How to set Firefox as default browser?
Firefox is the browser will latest functionalities and browsing features. Firefox is a more intuitive interface overall which amounts to a big overall boost in usability. Firefox has stronger filters and protection against malware, phishing sites, cookies, and other tools. There is also the improved download manager in recent version of the Firefox browser. Firefox has default bookmark toolbar which comes with three standards, namely ‘Most Visited’, ‘Recently Bookmarked’, and ‘Recent Tags’. The browser performance is higher and it protects the system from internet attacks too.
Firefox browser can be easily downloaded and installed in various devices. Updates are available at different intervals to make the browser for secured and stronger. This article will assistance to make Firefox your default browser. So, every time you click on a link, Firefox will open the link by default. If this article doesn’t help your cause then contact support expert for assistance.
Here are the steps to Firefox as the default browser in Firefox 4.0 on a MAC –
1) Open the Firefox browser first.
2) Now select ‘Firefox’ on the top left of your browser’s toolbar.
3) Next, select ‘Preferences’ which is the second option from the top of the drop-down menu. The Option dialog will open now.
4) Select the ‘Advanced’ tab now. This option is on the top right of 5) the new window. Set it to ‘General’ which is the option to the far left at the top of the ‘Advanced’ toolbar.
6) Now tick the box next to ‘Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup’.
7) Select ‘Check Now’ and it will check to see if Firefox is the default browser.
8) Finally select ‘Yes’ and you are done with the setup of the Firefox browser.
Here are the steps to set Firefox as the default browser in Firefox 3.5 on a MAC –
1) Open the Firefox browser first on your MAC device.
2) On the top left of the browser’s toolbar select ‘Firefox’.
3) Next, select ‘Preferences’ and then the ‘Advanced’ tab.
4) Make sure that the ‘Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup’ box is checked.
5) Select ‘Check Now’ and finally ticket ‘Yes’.
Here are the steps to set Firefox as the default browser on Firefox 4.0 in Windows –
1) Open the Firefox browser and select ‘Firefox’.
2) Select ‘Options’ which is the third option of the drop-down menu.
3) Select the ‘Advanced’ tab and select ‘Always check to see if
4) Firefox is the default browser on startup’.
5) Choose the button ‘Check Now’ right of the screen.
6) Finally select the ‘Yes’ option.
Here are the steps to make Firefox the default browser in Android 6 (Marshmallow) and higher –
1) Open the Android device and tap on ‘Settings’.
2) Now tap on ‘Apps’ and then select the gear icon.
3) Tap on ‘Default Apps’ and then tap ‘Browser app’ to open the list of choices.
4) Select the Firefox option on the list.
Here are the steps to make Firefox the default browser on older version of Android –
1) First, open the ‘Settings’ app and tap on ‘Apps’.
2) Now click on the ‘All’ tab.
3) Tap on the current browser that opens link and click on ‘Clear defaults’. It will help prevent the browser from opening links by default.
4) Open a link in an Android application like the Mail application.
5) Tap on ‘Firefox’ and then select ‘Always’.
By following the above steps you are able to set Firefox as default browser.
Looking for assistance or help for setting up the Firefox as the default browser? Dial the Mozilla Firefox toll free number for the best assistance. Support professionals will be able to guide you with the best steps for setting up the Firefox browser as the default browser.