How to set IE as default browser in multiple windows.
Internet Explorer is a web browser developed by Microsoft which also comes with every Microsoft Windows operating systems since 1995. Initially, the browser was released as part of the “add-on package Plus!” for Windows 95. During the time of 2002 and 2003, Internet Explorer was the most widely used web browser having around 95% usage share. The users of IE(internet explorer) have decreased after the launch of Firefox (2004) and Google Chrome (2008). In late 2000s and early 2010s, the popularity of IE decreased more due to growing popularity of Android and iOS based phones as they do not have Internet Explorer.
It’s been almost 22 years since the launch of the browser but still there are so many people who use this reliable browser to surf internet and download files. If you also want to use and set IE as default browser, you may contact internet explorer helpline number. Or you can follow the below mentioned complete steps to do so.
For the users of Windows 10 :
1) Open the Start menu.
2) You can either go to the left bottom corner of the screen or hit windows key on the keyboard.
3) Click on “Settings”.
4) This can found on the left bottom side of the start menu.
5) Click on “System”.
6) It should be on the top-right in the homepage of Settings.
7) Click on “Default apps” from the list of different settings options (should be on the left side).
8) Scroll down a little and click on “Web browser”. This would probably be “Microsoft Edge”, which can be recognised as a white “e”.
9) Now, click on “Internet Explorer”. It should be light-blue “e” icon.
10) Once you do that Internet Explorer will be set as the default browser in your computer.
If a prompt appears then you can confirm it to make it as default. This would surely help you but in case it won’t, you may contact Internet Explorer tech support. The representatives are well skilled technicians who will surely resolve any IE related issue for you.
Steps to follow for Windows 7 and 8 :
1) Go to “Start menu”
2) Click on “Internet Explorer”.
3) The application logo is a blue “e” with a golden outline. Once you click on it, it will open the browser.
4) Once it’s open, Click on “Settings”.
5) In Internet Explorer, It’s on the upper-right corner of the screen.
6) Click on “Internet options”.
7) Scroll down a little and the option would be near bottom of the menu.
8) Click on “Programs” tab.
9) It should be at the top of the “Internet Options” window.
10) Now, Click on “Make default”.
11) You can find it on the top of the “Internet Options” window, just under “Default web browser” heading.
12) If that button is already in grey that means Internet Explorer is your current default browser.
13) If not, Click on “OK”.
14) This button should be at the bottom of the Internet Options window.
Just when you click OK, IE will become your default browser in your computer. You would have to may have to close the browser and open it again to make these changes effective.
By following the above steps you are able to set IE as default browser.
“Microsoft Edge would replace IE as the default browser on its Windows 10 devices” announced by Microsoft on March 17, 2015. Eventually, It made the last release of Internet Explorer 11. However it serves the enterprise users on Windows 10. Microsoft provides support for only Internet Explorer 11. Support varies based on the operating system, its support life-cycle and technical capabilities. You may refer to Microsoft for any query related to IE or for any help in technical issues.